Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sunday in the Sand


Two weeks ago, Johnathan Kilmer told me the best part of his weekend was VolleyBall at the Beach. I had such an opportunity, today, to do so and enjoyed it with complete satisfaction! After a Multi-generational church service, complete with choir and benedictions, the college group carpooled down to Pismo Beach where we played volleyball, went swimming and attempted to skim board! (My bloody knee is such a testament! Totally knarly!) I must warn my family and friends at home, the water is no longer at bathing temperature but instead a mind numbing 55! I came in shivering and had to hop-scotch jelly fish, crabs, and the occasional BLUE WHALE! (Sorry, that was poor sarcasm.)
All in all it was a relaxing day and I am ready for classes. I know next week will be alot harder but at least Im comfortable with the community! Sadly, some people are not so lucky. My room mate, for example, spent the entire day doing home work... Agreed he is taking biology, physics, and Calc 2, not to mention, english 134, which is not native language! Let us pray our Chinese american friends don't decide to leave the US and work in China. Its is a future no of us wish to consider...

5 comments:

  1. those are some big waves in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jordan,

    Thanks for the update. Do they have volleyball nets set up or did you need to bring one? Let me know how the Ybike looks tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been blogging since you got to school and I wasn't informed of this? Traitor! Sneaky! So not fair! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha ha Kendra, You are the 4th person to know about my blog and I've done a lot to keep it secret. It brings questions to my mind how you got here and whether there is a traitor among my followers. Glad your here! Hope you come back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jordon,
    OK. I'm going to re-write this because I just lost the post I spent twenty minutes writing. GRRRR!
    OK. I'm cool now.
    Hey, thanks for inviting me to your select following of readers. It is a pleasure rather than a chore to peruse your posts. Obviously the years of experiences, reading and conversations the elder Gambles invested into you were not wasted. A bubbling fount of ideas
    and images has burst forth. May you continue to overflow the boundaries life tries to impose.

    ReplyDelete