Sunday, September 13, 2009

The CalPoly Report

An education abroad. Not far in physical distance but quite a ways from the emotional and lifestyle I had at home. It's a big world out there, but when I reminisce of experiences I get the feeling that challenges and obstacles we face daily aren't all that brutal. I am grateful for being alive... breathing, awake! I have the stregth to help people in need and the skills to teach people how to produce food! This body can take tremendous stress and my mind is a gigantic mystery waiting to be unlocked! I have no delusions that this first week of school will be hard but I know there are greater men and women who have gone before me and achieved pinnacles of wisdom no one could see coming! It is with tears of joy and pleasure that I consider the precious gift of oppertunity which has been laid out before me... Let my family know I love them. This is my deepest wish. I hope I can make you proud! Indeed, let us all try our best to appreciate each other more then ever.

“Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same.”














































6 comments:

  1. Whoa! Jordan is back online! Awesome job, son! It is good to be able to go to your new site and get updates. You have some very profound thoughts, dear, and I appreciate all the love and happiness and appreciation of life and opportunities I found in them.

    I love you, Mother

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thats really kind of you mother... I feel alot better already. Its not easy to stay calm even knowing your there to talk... thanks for checking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning, Jordan! First day of classes are over!! What do you feel now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh Oh,

    What happened to your other posts, Jordan? I hope I didn't discourage you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good evening Jordan, thanks for letting us read your blog . we picked some more apples at the farm . Got dressed up and went out to have a special dinner --had a yummy brownie with vanilla ice cream and chocolate drippled all over the top and a cherry on top.!! Love , grandma I hope i can answer your blog--tried Griffins and failed ==more comments later

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi, jordan - from grandpa g: thanks for keeping up the blog. Grandma and i picked 5 of our apple trees yesterday. let us know if you hunger for michigan flavorbst apples and we'll ship themout. I'm doing a little work on the cottage patio, and nate wright and i are beginning prning at the cherry farm. left out a letter noe and then. I"m not a licensed computer operator, obviously. Not doing much flying these days, but getting in a few runs every few days. it's freezing now during the nites and up to 50 0r 60 on a warm day. grandma and i are ina bible study group at the united church, working on the phoenix affirmations. good stuff. bye from grandpa g.

    ReplyDelete