Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Classy Schedule

YIPPE! I did get into the Pro E Modeling Class and I am thankful that its a small one too! 12 students! Although it will be a lot of fun I am sure the Work will be tremendous and I have no doubt it will be a growing experience for my study skills. (Notice how I refer to myself but instead to a skill? That is dual personality that comes up whenever I start talking about stress.)
Anyway, back to Today. I found all my classes and its was great getting to know the professors and students alike as we usually ended early and sat around talking. In fact the best part is I am meeting mostly Sophomore and Jrs. IME 144 and Engl 134 are courses, which I'm finding, most students put off until later... Thanks to insider, family advise I was able to get an edge in classes... although now I'm wanting to learn Auto CAD which is something totally different! Oh, if only I could live forever!
Anyway, The only class I am finding challenging is Math 118; PRECALC! Oh NO! Its scary how much Ive forgotten about simple things like absolute value and inequalities...
So yep, thats about all from the Store front, which, by the way, reminds me that I spent 450 Bucks on Books today! Crazy and Weird. I recently talked with Doctor Cornell Morton, a family friend from Michigan, and the statistics he pushed about the enrollment, the fiscal deficit, and staff furloughs... its really shocking the deep hole we Californians are in. (Not considering the rest of the world)
Let us hope a better time will come or better yet, let us learn from the past and present to make a future to be proud of.

2 comments:

  1. SOOOOOooooooooo, Precalculus is challenging! I'm glad you are not bored, but entered at a math level that can bring you back up to speed! Remember how sure you were you should take the next level UP? So glad I convinced you to refresh first. So glad to hear you are in the right classes, a good mix of challenge AND enjoyment!
    Love Mother

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're so glad you've taken the time to connect with Dr. Morton! And love the quote on learning lessons.

    ReplyDelete