Sunday, October 4, 2009

Weekend Excitement

So on saturday afternoon, I joined the Cal Poly Wheelman in one of the cycling races against Berkly, SDSU and several other schools to test my skills. Mostly, I was able to keep up with a good group of riders but after we hit a downhill run of a mile or so I fell behind; I didn't feel crazy enough to jeopardize my health in the first two weeks of school. So as for placement, I came in last; except for the people who crashed, blew out tires, or bent their wheels far enough to resemble a cereal bowl!
It was a fun day and I really enjoyed talking with the more experienced riders about bikes and trails near cal poly. I look forward to taking friends and family out when you come and visit me. (Thats an assignment! Don't procrastinate or I will give you a bad grade!)






6 comments:

  1. Wow. This course looks awesome. Is it near school? How did the bike do? Were the brakes working any better?

    Some great pictures.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lackage of car means I will probably get a bad grade from you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Looks rather intense. Thanks for the pictures, but I don't think I will be one of the family who will join you on the trails. Glad you participated. And thanks for the accidental call last week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bike was Great! I loved the front and rear suspension and plus I got some free tires from a fellow wheelman. The course was up north about an hour and we camped Friday, raced Saturday, and came back that afternoon. Brakes are fine, just needed a tune up. You can see more photos here at cpwheelman.org and look under parkfield...

    ReplyDelete