Tuesday, October 6, 2009


1) Vise President Campaign Failed
2) Math Test Aced
3) Meeting with English teacher a success
4) 5 Mile Run with Michael, Time -1hr

These are what makes up the fun and exciting days at Cal Poly. I am becoming more skilled at time management and the completing tasks in good time. This is more difficult then it sounds. Our only gauge for time spent studying is 2hrs/credit/ class week. It is not easy to divide homework up into reasonable segments since one problem may take anywhere from 30 seconds to 10 minutes; Maybe longer if your not careful...
Two things that would work to balance this. a. find a study partner. b. Set deadlines and Start up times:
Pre Read (10) - State Objectives (5)- Do Problems (45) - Break (15) - Finish Problems (20)

Both the Teaching Company and Cal Poly Seminars are great recourses for study skills and I am taking full advantage of these. I highly recommend that you, dear reader, should get practice in the many methods of saving time. Which in turn will leave you more time to cook! Like I did last night for my neighbors.
"The way to a 'friends' heart is through their stomach."

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a great meal. Did you get rave reviews from the neighbors?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so lucky that you get to cook. The only thing available to me is a microwave. It's cool how you're working on dividing up your time well - keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, son, I am really impressed. I definitely think the Personal Management merit badge changed your life. You have really put into practice what you've learned. We are so proud of you!

    I said to Dad the other night that I am so glad that you have a kitchen because ever since you were little you have been cooking! You have always loved making things in the kitchen so it is a real blessing that you can continue this comfort while you study at college. Wow, God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES! I got rave reviews! What did everyone expect?
    (Oh right, be humble... Hie, Watashiwa sumimasen. Arigato.)
    Thanks Kendra for sharing your sad and pitiful housing situation. I will cry a few tears for you then get back to my awesome cooking! HAHAHA!
    (Oh, excuse me again... I need to be more considerate with my readers or else they may leave. NOO! Don't go! Don't Go! Here, I will post another photo to pacify you hunger. Please take anything you want but don't GO!

    ReplyDelete