Saturday, January 30, 2010

Family VIsit



Griffin Is Here~
My birthday started quite early, 5:30 in fact, with a call from my good friend, Kent, who on realizing how much I enjoyed the outdoors decided to make cinnamon rolls, hot cocoa and drive me up to a beautiful hiking spot before the sun even rose!


It was a cold hike, the mist was dark and the light had not even started coming over the horizon. As we hiked higher, into the pine trees, a cold bitter wind picked up and blew past our faces. The cold sweat on our bodies froze, yet we continued to hike. Up on the precipice, the morning mists flowed up over the top, like dawn rushing up to meet the new day. It was inspiring, calming, awakening, awesome! It was God in the silence. It was Love. His love.


Last night we went to the Intervarsity bible study and had a fun time talking about Gods' healing forgiveness. It was great to introduce Grffin to everyone and I'm sure everyone thought Griffin was a great kid.

Today, we've got a big plan coming up involving the math class, the architecture class, a photography hike, and finally the large group Intervarsity. It should be an enjoyable day and I look forward to the weekend as the Austins are arriving.



3 comments:

  1. beautiful pictures Jordan

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH FOR ALL YOUR GOOD PHOTOS AND SHARING . I ESPECIALLY LIKE THE SUN RISE ON YOUR BIRTHDAY. G.G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A glorious breaking of dawn is the best birthday gift of all. While others are sleeping, you're already out seeking, reflecting,... living.
    I think you know I was active with InterVarsity while at college. Great group.

    ReplyDelete