Saturday, January 9, 2010

Cycling - Link to Ride Map


At the Top of the Grade
Saturday, January 09, 2010

I spent most of the day cycling up the coast on a 55.0 Mile bike ride. There were a little over 15 riders and we finished just a little before 12 pm, making it a very fast 4-hour ride. I kept up front and felt confident about my strength, which was mostly due to last quarter’s spin classes. I am readjusting quite well. Better, in fact, than last quarter, where I was a part of 4 bible studies, 6 clubs, (Toastmaster, robotics, SME, Super Miler, Wheelman, and intramural sports ) and taking night classes! To say the least, I was under a lot of pressure.

After taking three weeks off for an exciting Christmas break, I came back ready for more action. But now, fully aware of my own personal limits (sarcasm is one of the many free services I offer) I decided to stick with two simple ideals.

1) 1) Only spend time meeting new people, if I have already spent quality time with my present “friends”.

2) 2) Stick with no more then 3 club/activities. EG: Sailing, Road Biking, and 1 Bible study.

These simple yet life-altering methods to staying alive are what I have found to be important. I hope to spend more time getting good grades, building relationships with good friends, and developing a good character.

3 comments:

  1. thanks for the update Jordan. sounds like a great ride. do you guys get to talk some on the ride? i want to come visit in early february. i know griffin would like to come see you as well. would you want us together or one at a time?
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I beat Dad to this one! Well, since I am first, maybe Dad should wait a couple more weeks and come later in February...
    Then Griffin later in spring.....

    Then my turn again! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaaa, so many loving family members showing their affection. I love you all so much and hope I can make you proud. I'm excited to show you around the campus.
    Best,
    Jordan

    ReplyDelete