Monday, February 28, 2011

Confession and Self Examination

Getting to know ourselves is difficult for sure, but the pay off is being in line with the desire of Gods heart.

"Search me O God and know my heart,
Test me and know my anxious thoughts.
See if there is any offensive ways in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting. " Psalm 139: 23-24

I often fall into the mentality that if I don't murder or steal then I don't really need to confess those sins. Yet sin is anything that breaks our relationships with God and others. We need to be continually reminded of the power of the cross and what Jesus has done for us.

The powerful tools of self examination are useful. Ask yourself, which of your sins hurt those closest to you?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Jordan, your blogging is becoming a blessing, a rich, scriptural encouragement to me. Thanks for the reminders of the promises.

    Warm hugs and prayers for your continued success in school and life in Him,
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement mom! I'm really excited about coming home soon.

    ReplyDelete