Friday, May 20, 2011

Sabbath in Community

"But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light,
we have fellowship with one another".
1 John 1:7


Over the past weekend I had the opportunity to spend time with a loving group of people who welcomed and supported me in my spiritual walk with God and offered a break from the busyness of school. Not only did we have delicious food, warm campfires, and beautiful scenery but the time spent in reflection of who Jesus is gave me a better sense of what these people represented.

So often I forget in the hectic life at school that Jesus loves each and everyone of us, more then any of us can ever understand. This perspective helps me respond to others in love and not out of raw emotion. Dealing with people on a real level isn't easy but Its a lot easier than what Jesus went through.


I hope your time spent with people can be filled with open sharing and venerability because the closer we grow in relationship with Jesus and start walking in the light, the more this love for each other becomes a reality.

1 comment:

  1. We're happy you experienced such a meaningful weekend connecting with the natural world and the creative word, all with a supportive community.

    I'm so not used to seeing venerability, I had to look it up -- meaning being worthy of reverence or deserving respect, usually due to age, character or importance. I initially thought you meant vulnerability - being open to attack, injury, hurt. Both are good words & virtues -- we need to deeply respect "that of God" which is in each one of us, and need to detach from our egos and defenses so that our hearts can connect with each other.

    Thanks for your prayers for illumination and love. Enjoy this last week of May! AG

    ReplyDelete